Mid-Atlantic Parents of Multiples (MAPOM)
The Mid-Atlantic Parents of Multiples (MAPOM) was founded in 1975. Our purpose is:
- to unite Parents of Multiples clubs in the Mid~Atlantic area
- to serve as a liaison so member clubs may exchange information for the mutual benefit of individual members
- to promote formation of new mothers twins clubs, assist in their establishment, and support their growth
- to encourage participation in research projects
- to collect and disseminate information relative to the physical, mental, and social well-being of multiple birth children and their families
- A regional convention is held on the fourth or fifth Saturday in April annually and is hosted by the member MAPOM clubs.
This year’s MAPOM Scholarship application deadline is April 1, 2018.
Our scholarship is available to incoming college students, current college students, and graduate students. The applicant does not need to be a multiple; he/she may be a parent or sibling within a family of an active member of a participating club.
MAPOM collects money during convention for seriously needy individuals and families of MAPOM members.
Membership for Clubs
The cost per club is $30 per year and due June 2018. Fiscal Year: July 1, 2018 to June 30, 2019.Membership Application Fee: $10.00 (For new clubs joining for the first time or for clubs rejoining after allowing their membership to lapse for more than 6 months.)
Email: MAPOMinfo (at) gmail.com
Moms of Multiples, Parents of Multiples, and Twins Clubs from the Mid-Atlantic states are invited to join MAPOM.
Looking for a club in you area? See the member clubs belows:Our current members:
Annapolis Mothers of Multiples (AMOM)
Eastern Prince William Mothers of Multiples Club (EPWMOMC)
Fairfax County Mothers of Multiples (FCMOM)
Frederick County Parents of Multiples (FCPOM)
Fredericksburg Area Mothers of Multiples Club (FAMOMC)
Loudoun Fairfax Mothers of Multiples Club (LFMOMC)
Peninsula Parents of Multiples (PPOM)
Prince William Mothers of Multiples Club (PWMOMC)
Richmond Area Mothers of Multiples (RAMOM)
Shenandoah Valley Parents of Multiples (SVPOM)
Southside Area Mothers of Multiples (SAMOM)
Tidewater Mothers of Multiples (TMOMC)